We are excited to host the third global Ideas for Action Competition. Every year, students and young professionals from around the world participate to design ideas for financing and implementing the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. Winners of the competition will present their ideas during the IMF & World Bank Annual Meetings, receive support from a dedicated startup accelerator at the Wharton School, and benefit from unique networking opportunities with other young leaders as well as some of the most senior decision-makers in international development, academia, and the private sector.
— Your Proposal —
Your proposal should include the following:
- Title and team name
- Short abstract
- Explanation of the problem and context: Briefly describe the problem that your proposal is addressing.
- Your solution: Succinctly describe your idea (including design, target population, stakeholders, incentives, and implementation)
- Expected impact: Why is it relevant?
- Are there similar examples? If so, where and how?
- Challenges: What are challenges you might face and how can they be addressed?
— Timeline —
- Deadline for full proposal submissions: February 28, 2017
- Announcement of submissions selected for the final round: March 21, 2017
- Deadline for final submissions: April 17, 2017
- Announcement of winners: May 31, 2017